Monday, January 23, 2012

Oven Roasted Roast & Potatoes

I love roast! it has always been comfort food for me. In the past I have always used my crockpot to slow cook it, but always felt it was missing something. So here is alternative to crockpotting that will give you that oven roasted crispness on the top and very tender! And if your oven has a cook time you can set it to auto turn off.



This idea came to me after using this Pork Tenderloin recipe. Which by the way is amazing as well.

So here are the modifications for a roast. . .You will follow this recipe but add some cooking time on the end (I seasoned the roast with Garlic Powder & seasoned salt on both sides before browning in the skillet). Slow roasting time will depend on the size of your roast. The roast pictured was very thin so it was much shorter time.

After roasting in the ovenproof skillet @ 400 for 10 minutes, flip your roast and turn the temp down to 275 & let it slow roast: the roast above was about an inch thick 1 1/2 hours was perfect. The roast I cooked the other day was 3 inches thick and it was 3 1/2 hours (turning it halfway through).

For this meal I added some frozen red potatoes that were quartered seasoned with Olive Oil & Parmesean; I added them to the pot 25 minutes prior to the roast being done. I put them under the roast and they soaked up all those wonderful drippings from the roast. You can also add veggies for a healthier meal.

This meat will literally cut with a fork. Very tender!

Be careful with the skillet after coming out of the oven! I have burn markes where I forgot it had been in the oven & grabbed the handle! OUCH!! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment