Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Mrs. Fields (that would be me) Cookies

Our favorite cookie recipe came to me back in the 80's over a fax machine. A lady had tried to buy THE "Mrs. Fields" cookie recipe and was charged $200 instead of the $2 she thought they were charging. They would not refund her money and so the recipe was faxed out to anyone and everyone she knew. So I was the beneficiary of one of these faxes. Below is my modified version of this recipe. I divided it into 1/2, 3/4 or whole recipe because the whole makes sooooo many cookies. Normally I make the 1/2 batch for just family time.Make sure you use Real butter, margarine totally changes the taste & consistency of the cookie.

Click recipe to enlarge


 
We made these last night and used 1 bag of Semi sweet & 1 bag of white chocolate chips. They turned out very good. A great variation would be to add to the flour mixture 1 cup cocoa powder for chocolate chocolate chip cookies!

My assistant Baker Ava!

No comments:

Post a Comment