Thursday, December 1, 2011

Cold Weather Comfort Food. . .Soup & Grilled Cheese

When the temp drops I start thinking about soup! I love how it warms you up. I remember as a child, in Boulder, CO, we would play out in the snow until we were about frozen & then come inside to eat Tomato Soup & Grilled Cheese! YUM!

I still love Campbell's tomato soup today, sometimes though I want a little more to it so, I add on to this great soup starter! It is easy and can be very delicious!

Sheri's Tomato Soup & Grilled Ciabatta

1 Large can of Campbell's Tomato Soup
1 c milk
1 can of petite diced tomatoes garlic & onion flavored
Rosemary to taste

Whole Wheat Ciabatta rolls sliced
Sliced jalapeno Jack cheese

Stovetop: In sauce pan mix together soup, 1 cup milk, tomatoes drained; Add rosemary about 1 tsp;
Oven: pre-heat to 375; place ciabatta rolls open face on stone or cookie sheet; place 1 or 2 slices jalapeno jack cheese on each side; place in oven till cheese melts; You can broil for a few seconds to crisp up the top if desired.

I grind some pepper on top of the soup,
you can sprinkle cheese or just get creative!

Other options: Feta cheese, croutons or bacon crumbles on the soup; of course on the bread you can use any type of cheese or bread for that matter. This can be a very versatile meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment