Thursday, December 22, 2011

Creme De Menthe Brownies! mmmmmm

This is my new favorite Brownie recipe! It is called a torte, but it will work for brownies, it is just a different pan you bake it in. For the holidays I added Andes mint baking chips, what a wonderful taste it gave to the brownies. If you like Andes mints you will LOVE this recipe! YUM!

Click to enlarge

This recipe calls for wax paper - you only need it or foil if you are making the Torte as it is in a spring form pan. I used foil as I did not have wax paper and it turned out fine. As a torte you can add delicious toppings to it for a more elegant dessert such as sweetened berries & whipped cream, I have even put a layer of no bake cheesecake on top with canned cherries over that, talk about yum!

If you do not have any spring form pans, I encourage you to get a set. They are so handy, I use them for my pies instead of a traditional pie pan. Never been a fan of the thick pie crust, and this makes it more like a torte and the crust does not get over done.

Happy Christmas Baking!


No comments:

Post a Comment