Friday, December 30, 2011

Lentil & Ham Soup

We love smoked ham. . .it is a favorite for Christmas. Normally I get a spiral cut, this year to save some money I just bought a bone in smoked ham butt. It was so good. I have always heard soup from a Ham bone is amazing. If you know me by now, I had to try it. We were not disappointed. The broth you get from boiling it is very tasty and useful for many different recipes.


So off I went to find a great recipe. I am really liking www.allrecipes.com AND they have an app for my phone. Found a few recipes and settled on one, but in the midst of making it, decided to not add the tomatoes it called for & changed the spices a bit. So, below is my modified version of Lentil & Ham Soup.

Lentils are a wonderful dried bean & source of protein, you don't have to soak them and they cook very fast. If you are not a fan of beans, this is a great one to try as it does not have as much of the bean texture.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment